|Bisi Bela Bath Powder|
Turmeric Powder ¼ Tsp.
Tamarind Lemon size (Soaked in water)
- Chop all the vegetables. Heat apan with one-tablespoon oil. Tothat add tomatoes, all chopped vegetables saut them for 5 mins. Switch offheat & allow it to cool. (Sauting the veggies enhances the taste).
- Soak the Tamarind in hot water and extract the juice and keep aside.
- Now pressure-cook Toordal & Chenna dal for 2 whistles. Open the pressure cooker; add sauted vegetables,turmeric powder, Bisi Bela bath powder, tamarind water, , sugar and salt. Mixthem well & taste it for the flavors.
- Now slowly mix thecooked rice to the gravy. If necessary add another 1cups water & bring itboil. Keep stirring in between; else the mixture will stick to the bottom. Allowit cook on low heat for 10mins. Boilwell so that rice absorbs spices well. Switch off heat.
- Heat ghee/oil in a small kadai. When the oilis hot, add mustard seeds jeera & Hing powder. After they crackle, add small cashewpieces Saut on low flame till they are slight brown. Switch off and add curryleaves.
- Pour the temperingover the piping hot Bisi Bele Bath. Decorate with coriander leaves , cover immediately to preserve the aroma.
- Bisi bele bath is ready to serve.Serve it hot drizzled with ghee, chips and Veg Raita on the sides.
- In this recipe Iused frozen vegetables , green beans, and Potatoes. You can add any vegetables tothis recipe and make Bisi Bela Anna.
- In Ekadasi days,you can replace rice with Poha/ Broken Wheat/ Oats/ Millets.
|Bisi Bela Bath|